MBHS’ First Ever Senior Trip is Almost Here

Kayla Cruz, Staff Reporter

On the weekend of May 15th-17th, MBHS seniors will be enjoying the first ever senior trip at Haven’s Resort & Spa in upstate New York. The Senior committee worked to find a place that would be not only a great bonding experience for students and faculty, but that is also affordable. Seventy-two seniors will be attending. Students will need to be on campus at nine in the morning, since buses will be leaving shortly after on Friday, May 15th. While at Honor’s Haven, groups of four will be rooming together. In February, Ms. Morales asked that a list of names of those want to room together be sent in. Most students’ wishes were fulfilled; however, those who responded late were placed at random. This trip will include various activities to ensure that there is something for everyone to do. Horseback riding, using the resort’s pool, hiking, yoga, and a spa are among just some of the activities Honor’s Haven provides. Special activities for Seniors include and

Taylor Morton-Lewis, a senior at MBHS is excited for the experience, “I think it will a good chance for the senior class to bond one last time.”

Ms. Morales, coordinator of the senior trip, thinks it will be a fun weekend. It is the final opportunity for students to engage with classmates that they’ve been with for four years, although I’m sure some friend groups will keep in touch after high school, not everyone will be in contact with each other. It’s also a chance to socialize and meet with new people, since students from other schools will also be there.”