This Week

Sarah Spruchman, Staff Reporter

October continues to be a busy month. Progress reports are coming out, in addition to the open house on Wednesday, October 22 from 6:30-8:00pm for incoming freshman. There will be community service hours available for those who come to help. For further information, refer to the Mr. Faughnan’s MBHS newsletters.

For juniors and seniors, the University of Virginia will be holding a workshop similar to an information session to help with college essay writing. This will take place on Monday, October 20, at 6:00pm at the Yale club in Manhattan.

If you’re interested in learning about different colleges and what they can offer you as a student, the Big Apple College Fair is on Saturday, October 25 at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan.

Attention Seniors

Stay on top of the college process and continually check your emails for your individual meeting with Ms. Gibbons. She said, “It’s really important for me to know where each senior is in the process so these meetings are critical.”

It is crucial for the seniors to keep in mind about the college representative visits, the schedule for the visits are as follows. “Don’t miss them,” said Gibbons.

Monday, October 20 at 10:00am St. John’s

Tuesday, October 21 at 3:30pm Case Western Reserve University

Wednesday, October 22 at 1:00  SUNY Oswego

Kiara Lee, a senior who has been to a college representative meeting describes the representative as someone who was really nice and makes everything easy to understand by breaking the information down and who talked about the diversity the college they were from was as well as any issues regarding finances.

Remember to get a permission slip signed by the teacher whose class you are missing to visit the college representative. They’re located outside of room 359.