The Millennium Phoenix’s Softballs Possible Home-Run

Aurora Perez, Staff Reporter

As time keeps on going by the Softball team’s season starting line gets closer and closer. According to the PSAL website, it begins on March 24th vs the High School of Arts & Technology. The Phoenix’s previous season wasn’t that bad since it was their first year in the Brooklyn A league and their second year as a team, with a record of 7-9 coming in fourth place in their division standings. Although they did make it to the playoffs in the previous season, they only made it to the 1st round and took a loss vs Post Richmond with a score of 15-0.

Head coach, Brian McCarthy has an expectation that most coaches would have and that is “to make it to playoffs” and for the “girls to come out and compete every game.” Coach McCarthy expects the team to give it their all in each and every game and that will lead them to make it to the playoffs once more, and hopefully make it pass the first round. Coach McCarthy mentioned that they are “changing [their] hitting philosophy,” “mentally preparing for the season,” and “working hard in the cages and on defense.” Showing that they are making adjustments from their previous season, and getting back on their feet coming back stronger than before, and he is hoping that their hard work is shown throughout the season.