Canada Trip? What Happened?

Yousef Ahmad, Staff Reporter

Here at Millennium Brooklyn, we love giving our students as much opportunity as possible, from trips to the Barclays Center to museums around New York. However, this time, we offered something that is very rare: a trip to Canada — that’s right, Canada! This trip was an opportunity for students to travel abroad with classmates.

The itinerary had students going to Montreal, Canada, which is a French-speaking city with deep historical ties to France. The trip was initially offered to students currently taking French as their foreign language requirement, then later expanded to invite all 11th and 12th graders.

After further research and discussion with Principal Conway, the trip was created for students currently taking French at MBHS to explore the French language and culture in depth.

Student David Fron says, “I probably would’ve liked to have gone to this trip, to be honest. It’s just that I never really check my email, so I didn’t even know it existed.”

Conway noted the trip was cancelled because, “We needed 35 students to commit by December 23rd, and while many students and families were interested, we fell just short of that number, so funding the trip at the price we were quoted would be impossible.” He also noted that  “We will definitely have a trip abroad trip next year for students.”