Bittersweet Ending Coming For Seniors

Kayla Cruz, Staff Reporter

MBHS students are in the home stretch of their senior year. May is the last full month of classes and schoolwork. In June, students will take Regents exams, but besides that June is a festivity-filled month. Prom, the Research Symposium, Six Flags Trip and graduation are all being held in the month of June. This means reality is starting to hit the Class of 2015. Many of us have committed to a college and will be attending them this fall. While this is exciting, knowing that our time at Millennium is coming to a close is bittersweet.

Ivana Lopez, a Senior attending Hunter College in September, talked about her feelings knowing that high school is coming to an end. “I feel happy and relieved that high school will finally come to an end, but I also know that college is going to be very different. It’ll take some adjusting to for sure.”

Founding teachers are melancholy as well. Erin Wentz, a Humanities turned AP Literature teacher, is one of the founding faculty at MBHS. “The seniors are an integral part of the community. It will be very weird starting school in the fall without them.”

The upcoming months will be a whirlwind of changes and adjustments, but MBHS has produced students that are ready for any challenge that comes their way.