Theatre Arts 2’s Final Performance: Romeo To Go

Tatiana Lugo, Staff Reporter

On May 28th, Millennium Brooklyn High School’s Theatre Arts 2 class will be performing Romeo To Go by Jonathan Rand. This is a short comedic play, which the seniors will be presenting to other seniors and juniors during 7th and 8th period.

As the senior Theatre Arts class prepare for this final stretch, they, as well as Theatre teacher, Ms. Rogan, are “feeling different levels of excitement, and anxiety.”

Playwright Jonathan Rand will be attending the performance, and Ms. Rogan feel that meeting the playwright “is a tremendous opportunity that many, even professional performers, don’t get in their lifetime. I would love for the 12th grade Theatre Arts 2 class to have this experience, because I think that it will make them more professional and confident in their abilities.”

She also exclaimed how “the class is coming together really well as an ensemble and they are doing tremendous work to support each other and to make the play a really unique, creative experience.”

Fellow Theatre Arts classmate and senior Kasia Cummings, is one of the main characters in this short comedy. She plays the role of Ms. Gunnysack, the ambitious Drama teacher who can’t wait to put on this more “modern” version of Romeo and Juliet with her class. When it comes to memorization, Kasia said, “I’m feeling a little anxious, but I’m feeling confident about it, because I’m excited for the play.” She is determined that the play will be a “beautiful” construction.

As the play comes together and weeks wind down, Ms. Rogan feels that the Theatre Arts 2 class will have a “really awesome memory to take with them as they graduate.”