Softball…It’s Finally Happening

Erin Goeringer & Reuven Glezer, Staff Reporter

An exciting new opportunity that has been years in the making is finally coming to Millennium Brooklyn. On Monday the 17th, Millennium Brooklyn held its first softball interest meeting at Millennium Manhattan. Athletic Director Brian Friedman has been cited stating that “It brings a new layer to the greater athletic body of the school.”

The growing interest in the sport has facilitated an interest meeting that will hopefully allow for the creation of a team and a proper addition to the athletic repertoire of the school. Students attending Millennium Brooklyn are excited about the possibility of having another sports team to support. Arianne Bienvenu, a senior on the cheerleading squad, stated “It is great that we may have another team to cheer for.”

MBHS senior Brandon Abrenica said, “It’s great to have another team for our school […] I know a lot of girls have been vouching for it.” Jacalyn Goldzweig-Panitz has voiced that she will “definitely attend the interest meeting” and is excited about “the chance to play a school sport.”

Girls attending Millennium Brooklyn have been waiting for softball to present itself as an option for a while. Hopefully, the interest meeting will generate enough fervor to allow for yet another team to be added to Millennium’s wide array of sports.