Ultimate Frisbee Kicks Off New Season

Kathryn Scavuzzo, Staff Reporter

As a new semester  is starting for Millennium Brooklyn High School and their sports teams, the Ultimate Frisbee team is excited to kick off it’s new season. Having new opportunities and new games, the team is thrilled to take advantage of everything this new season has to offer.

Emma Groetzinger, the Ultimate Frisbee team coach, described how she is “excited” because they are going to have their first winter practice this season. She also mentioned that they have a space at Mccarren Park  where they will be practicing indoors. Groetzinger later stated the fact that Disc NY, an organization promoting youth ultimate Frisbee will be having a coed league that will allow our team to play against other coed teams.

The captain of the team, Cody Maldonado, junior at Millennium Brooklyn, described what he was eager for in the upcoming season. “I’m really excited for the new team members I have.  It’s refreshing to see new faces and of course being able to play with other competitive High Schools,” Maldonado said. He further mentioned that “moving up from being a peer to captain is a dramatic change. Setting examples and trying to be a good role model, as well as influencing my peers to behave accordingly and to practice sportsmanship is really important to me.”

This upcoming season will be both a bonding experience for the team members as well as a great way for the team to become stronger through  practice and game experiences.