Senior Year Ends with a Big Bang!

Samori Covington, Staff Reporter

As school slowing comes to an end with only one month left MBHS seniors find themselves making tough decisions, committing to college. This years graduating class have been accepted to a plethora of great schools from Ivy leagues to HBCUs to SUNYs and CUNYs. To name a few these schools include: NYU, University of Pennsylvania, Cornell, Binghamton, Hunter, John Jay, Spelman College, Howard University and etc.

MBHS senior and Posse Scholar, David Silva will be attending Babson College in the fall on a full scholarship. He says “It’s nice to know that all my hard work has finally paid off. Staying late at night studying for SATs, ACTs, and AP exams was worth, I’m one step closer to my career goals.”

The college process is tedious and a lot of hard work. Several aspects are taken into account when choosing a school that’s right for you. According to fastweb.com distance, cost of attendance, majors offered, campus size, and religious affiliation are the top five things to consider when making a college decision. Career readiness is also a large factor, college prepares you for real world events.

Some advice for lower grades: it’s never too early to start researching schools, taking practice SAT or ACT exams. “Gathering ideas for college essays is also a great way to get ahead” says college counselor Emily Mottahedeh.