Millennium Brooklyn’s Festive Black & White Dance

Naya Vasquez, Staff Reporter

Millennium Brooklyn’s Student Government is hosting its first annual black and white themed dance next Friday, March 10th. Tickets will be sold for $3 before the event and $5 at the door. A photo booth will be present as a way for students to create and remember this night together. The black and white dance will be the first time this school year grades 9 – 12 will come together to dance, mingle, eat, drink, and enjoy each other’s company. This event would be an open opportunity for underclassmen and upperclassmen to be acquainted.

The importance of school dances was expressed by Wakefieldexpressonline.com stating that “…events that connect the class are an important part of the social aspect of a school experience. Without this, most people in a class would not normally mingle. Going to a dance gives people an identity because you are forced to interact with people you would normally not talk to. In high school, dances are important for this reason.”

Millennium Brooklyn High School was founded in 2011 so there havenot been many opportunities for dances and other social events to arise which makes it more exciting to students who are planning to attend. Cathlene Grant, a senior at Millennium Brooklyn, stated It is good that we finally have a dance because not a lot of social activities besides clubs that are present at Millennium.”

Sam Backner, a MBHS senior and Student Government representative,  shares what he wants the students of Millennium Brooklyn to know about the upcoming dance and his hopes for it. “I want them to know that it’s next Friday, tickets will be sold for 5 dollars and there will be a student from our school (TC) who will be the DJ… Student Government organized the dance in order to bring the school together and have a fun non-academic event. It is important for students to be able to interact with each other regardless of the grade they’re in. Hopefully the stands will bring everyone together and be really fun.”