Tis’ the Season to have a Reason to Play Santa

Mohammed Uddin, Staff Reporter

MBHS students participate in Secret Santa for the holidays to celebrate the big break coming up. Tis’ the season for Millennium Brooklyn High School students and faculty to enjoy the holidays, in their own way as a break from the long rigorous work they have done this fall.

Many advisories have taken part of this by having holiday parties and gift exchanges such as Secret Santa/Snowflake.

According to an article on Drawnews.com, the game of Secret Santa is often celebrated by all kinds of people, many students find it uncomfortable to celebrate it if they don’t celebrate Christmas.

Wison Fang, a senior in MBHS in Mr. Post’s advisory says, “Some people in our advisory really doesn’t want to play secret santa because of its links to Christmas, so we are calling it the Holiday Gift Exchange.”

People are having a lot fun getting into the holiday spirit by playing games and enjoying parties amongst their advisories.

“Christmas is my favorite holiday! I just love getting together with people I care about and enjoying my time with my friends in school,” says senior Soraya St. Clair.

According to Diana Olivares, a student who participated in Secret Santa over eight times, “It is so fun to see what people would get you because you’ll find out how they look at you in their point of view which reflects on what gift they end up buying you.”

The Holidays are full of fun parties and games that MBHS loves to participate in to build community and lead into the break.