Phoenix Rising: A Look At Millennium’s Baseball Team

Arianne Bienvenu, Staff Reporter

After an intense end to the Basketball season, athletes at both Millennium Brooklyn as well as Millennium Manhattan are looking forward to the start of the sports during the spring season. Besides the commencement of the Girls Softball team, students are turning their attention to the highly anticipated Boys Baseball season.

With a whole new roster consisting of boys from Millennium Brooklyn and Millennium Manhattan, the Boys Baseball team is headed by Coach Brian Friedman and Coach Aaron Silverman. Prior to the start of the season, the coaches felt it necessary for the baseball team to bond and see how each player performed.

In late February, the baseball team headed down to Florida for Spring Training, a practice commonly conducted by teams in Major League Baseball. There they practiced batting, pitching and even played a few games.

According to Coach Friedman, “we broke bread together, bowled, and had a great time.” Despite no longer being in Florida the baseball team utilizes the space they have here at Millennium Brooklyn; running laps around the school building, sprinting up stairs under the watchful eye of the coaches. Brandon Abrenica, an outfielder, states that, “the workouts are very tiring but they’re worth it because they make us better.”

The team has ordered and received their baseball uniforms, white pants with a red and black jersey matched with a black baseball cap with a bright M in the middle, sported by several players.