Dealing With College Acceptances & Suspense

Andrea Hue, Staff Reporter

It’s getting closer towards the end of the year, and the high school careers of the Class of 2015. Deadlines are approaching and most of Millennium’s seniors have submitted their applications. According to the website, Talk College Confidential, “many will hear no news until early or late Spring,” unless they have chosen early decision which is usually done by December, according to the College Board.

Some seniors struggle to keep their confidence and a positive mindset during the wait. “I’m really nervous. I feel there are students who have way better grades than me and I have a smaller chance of getting in.” said senior Tonisha Maldonado.

College Advisor, Sarah Jane Gibbons, provided advice. “Be confident in your success in high school. Be confident about your list of your colleges. Be confident you’ll make the decision that is right for you.”

Here are what to do while you’re waiting to hear from colleges, according to Fast Web:

• Remain Confident in what you did do because it’s done. There’s nothing you can do about it at this point but wait it out and let life take its course.
  • Do not harass the admission department! They likely are overwhelmed by applicants and the ratio of applicants to staff is certainly imbalanced.
  • Focus on what’s ahead you have no way of predicting what the outcome will be. Instead fill out all application forms for financial aid, FAFSA (if you haven’t already) and scholarships for both colleges so you can send them in and you’ll be first in line once accepted.