Do you read the Weekly Newsletter?

Irene Suarez, Staff Reporter

Students use the weekly newsletter in a variety of ways to help themselves gain experience, stay connected to upcoming school events, and watch out for scholarship opportunities. The weekly newsletter is sent out by Ms.Hong, providing information to students about upcoming opportunities for all grades.

The newsletter contains scholarships, volunteer opportunities, and more, that can help students gain experience in the working field, building up one’s resume.

A senior at MBHS, Ruth Cassidy, says that “I think there are a lot of opportunities, and I’ve gained some opportunities from it in the past years.” As a senior graduating and going to college, scholarships are always opportunities some students won’t pass up on.

Ms. Davidson was also able to give some insight stating, “there are a lot of great opportunities that I know some students gained.”

The Phoenix polled Ms. Davidson’s advisory, and half the advisory (7-7 students) said they find it useful, while the other half stated they do read some of it.

Ms. Hong gives students a list of some opportunities in the newsletter each week, some in areas that some people or students might not have access to.

Another student at MBHS, Chloe Kent, a junior states “I find it really useful, especially when it comes to volunteering and college opportunities.”

Without the weekly newsletter, some students at MBHS wouldn’t be aware of some valuable information, that they have access to through the newsletters.