Netflix Superior to Hulu

Rebecca Maldonado, Staff Reporter

When it comes to the “famous” Netflix or Hulu debate, students at Millennium Brooklyn High School favor Netflix, according to a study by The Phoenix.

A survey was given to ten random Millennium Brooklyn students throughout the day. Seven out of the ten students who completed the survey stated they favored Netflix over Hulu. When asked why they preferred Netflix, students agreed they enjoyed Netflix more, because it is commercial free and is what their peers use.

Students like MBHS senior Kiara Barias who regularly stream videos from Hulu favor it more, because Hulu has, “more recent television shows.”

Ruth Cassidy, a sophomore, stated she uses Netflix about eight hours a week. Other students who completed the survey generally answered they would use Netflix three to four hours per week. Compared to the two to twenty hours per week the other three students stated they would use Hulu.

Another interesting fact founded as a result of these surveys was that five out of seven students regularly watch Netflix by themselves to stream TV shows. While two of the three Hulu using students tend to stream TV shows with family.

According to Diffen.com, there are multiple things that set Hulu and Netflix apart. Even though both companies take part in video streaming, Hulu “does not work on smartphones and tablets”. Hulu is known to have more recent entertainment, but Netflix is known to have a larger library. The starting price for Netflix and Hulu are the same, $8.00 per month.

However, with Netflix additional amounts of money are required if you plan to share an account with someone, increasing the monthly total by one to four additional dollars – plus the two extra dollars a month if you wish to rent DVD’s. With Hulu, ad free video streaming is $12.00 per month. These differences can be the reason why some people choose Netflix over Hulu.