Getting High Marks at the End

Taslim Mohamed, Staff Reporter

As the school year is almost coming to a close, final grades would soon be released. The grades you receive in high school can make or break you when applying for college or even when applying for jobs since they may look at your GPA.

Senior Jeremy Polidura says that “since colleges focus on mainly your GPA it’s important that you keep your grades consistently high.” Jeremy, who has applied to many colleges, has seen that the people who tend to have high GPAs receive many acceptance letters. As grades are due sometime this week, students should try to maximize their time by turning in missing work. After the marking period is done, students should plan out for the next marking period and hopefully raise their grades.

A great asset that is available to students are their advisors, one prime example is Mrs. McElveen. McElveen uses her advisory time to the fullest by implementing weekly check-ins with her advisory and classes with a Weekly PupilPath worksheet. This sheet has questions ranging from what their grades are to how can they improve and why they received such grades. In the end they create SMART goals which stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Timely goals. These goals help improve the student and their grades and the following week they go over their reflection to see if they have reached it or on their way to. Maintaining relatively good grades is important in high school and while transitioning to college or work. Using your advisors and your fellow peers, maintaining good grades has never been so easy!