MBHS Student-Crafted Game Hits the Google Play Store

Reuven Glezer, Staff Reporter

Millennium Brooklyn is proud to present the team of Omnicron Studios, consisting of Deepak Khemraj, Ehimare Agboneni, and Alan Lam. Their new free game, “Angel Jumper,” entered the Google Play Store for Android at the end of November. The game consists of an angel trying to hit as many demons as possible. Be careful, however, because shooting is tricky and must be well-timed.

When asked what inspired the game, lead developer Deepak Khemraj stated “I’ve always loved Gustav Dore’s biblical artwork. Especially the stuff from Paradise Lost […] That artwork made the concept click with me. It was originally Ehimare’s idea.” Regarding what made the team want to make a game, Khemraj said “[They were] interested in making some software […] but games especially because they have a lot of moving parts and are a good challenge, programmatically speaking.”

When asked to comment on whether they had any upcoming projects, Khemraj said “we have much larger intentions for the next one […] a platformer.” He describes the next project has something that should have more “polish,” defined by him as “something that looks more professionally done.” Khemraj went on to say that he hopes to add more complex effects like particle effects and physics.