Boost Your Grade Now

Xin Tang, Staff Reporter

As each marking period ends, the student body of MBHS is driven to get better grades, quickly.

Motivated by their own individual goals, students check Pupil Path more frequently than ever and many student even go as far as going to teacher’s office hours to make up work, or to even ask for extra credit assignment.

An senior at MBHS, who wished to remain unnamed, said, “with the SAT, college applications, and school, I get no sleep at all, but I need to keep up my grades to get into NYU.”

Gibran Grant, a junior at MBHS is taking college classes at Brooklyn College claimed that “I didn’t even try out for the basketball team this year, school is more important, I need to get better grades for colleges.”

Lylens Lubin, a sophomore at MBHS and younger brother of over-achieving senior, Leilah Lubin, said, “I’m tired of my parents treating my sister better because she gets better grades, I going to show them, I’m tired of being in shadow of the Great Leilah.”

Even the freshmen class of MBHS knows that school is important and good grades mean a lot. An anonymous source in the freshmen class of 2018, said “I don’t know what I want to do yet in life, but good grades are necessary for my journey.” Students of MBHS are all driven by their goals and motivations, whether it’s for college entrances, sibling rivalry, or even if it just feels right.

However, the teachers of MBHS find last minute extra credit seeking as “ignoring and pretentious.”  Mr. Friedman, the Gym teacher, says “people want to know what they can do for last minute extra credit in Phy-Ed when their grade isn’t what they would like at the end of the semester. I’ll give you some extra credit. Build a time machine goes back six weeks and get prepared every class.”

Ms. Feinstein, whom many would describe as the “nicest and sweetest teacher in school,” is tired of  students coming at the end of the year asking for extra credit. She said students, “should at least come at the middle of the year as proof that the student will do their work for the whole year. I’d like to see improvement throughout the year.” It is great that students in MBHS are driven to do well, however last minute extra credit projects are often impossible.