Lights, Camera, ACTION! MBHS sets the stage again

Katherine Torres, Staff Reporter

Millennium Brooklyn High School was founded in 2011, and the drama department has been a part of the school ever since. The MBHS drama department consists of students in every grade and is directed by Lindsay Rogan and Rachel Feinstein.

This year’s fall play was Seussical the Musical. According to Ms. Rogan, “we have been rehearsing three days a week for the past 12 weeks. We even had a five hour rehearsal the Saturday before Thanksgiving to get used to the set and finish staging the show.  We are so proud of the students who really took this commitment seriously.” Ms. Rogan also said “Seussical is really an opera – 95% of it is sung- so it’s a big project for our students.”

MBHS senior Michelle Rodriguez, who is member of the Drama department, also explained what it is like preparing for such a large show. She said, “personally, this musical has been the most challenging. We had a very short timeline so we had a lot to pull together in a small amount of time. However, we have been coming to rehearsal every day and conducting as many dress rehearsals as we can before our show.” Michelle also described the drama club as being “ all about acceptance no matter who it is or what they identify as. We want to be inclusive, and I would say we are just as encouraging to each other as a sports team.”

The musical was performed on December 1 and 2. For more information on joining the drama department or a future show, feel free to contact Ms.Rogan, Ms.Feinstein or even a member of the department.