New Dine in Movie Theatre for Just $3

Magi Rabinovich, Staff Reporter

Dinner and movies never seemed better with the new theatre and kitchen in Bushwick known as Syndicated. Its cheap, cozy & cute and a total hit!

I love movies and I love going out to eat, the whole dinner and a movie combo has always been in my top 5 weekend plans. But, I hate spending money on overpriced movie tickets and snacks, even the atmosphere of a basic movie theatre isn’t very cozy in my opinion – reminds me more of something I would do with my mom when I was twelve years old, not eighteen with my friends on a Saturday night. The recently opened bar slash theater slash restaurant located in Bushwick answered all my problems and concerns with dinner and movies.

As a high school student, I know it’s hard to find something to do over the weekend, especially a nice place that doesn’t ask for ID. Many nice sit down restaurant ID just because they serve alcoholic beverages – so even if I want to grab restaurant A and B’s all time famous chicken wings with a Dr.Pepper – I can’t.

I asked Soraya St. Clair, a senior in Millennium Brooklyn high school, if she had ever heard of or been to a dine in movie theatre. She responded with, “ I heard of them before, but I’ve never been to one.”  This new opening is a cheap and easy way to have a good time. Not only is the idea brilliant, but the atmosphere of Syndicated is so cozy and warm – and I don’t mean temperature wise.

The door to this place is in a tiny recessed part of the building. It’s like a secret you are waiting to open. The entrance is tiny alcove with two steps and has touches of the art deco design that awaits you. The interior is huge. The center is dominated by a huge wrap around bar, tables are around the bar and booth seating hugs the walls. The design of this large interior space makes you feel just open enough to breathe, while cozy enough in your seating to feel comfortable and at home. The movie theatre itself is awesome. It was behind the wraparound bar, and still had touches of the art deco design from the front. There was more than enough space in between tables so you can definitely seat 3-4 to a table.

Andrew J., a customer at Syndicated, said, “ I had a fantastic time at the preview night! Food and drinks were amazing Lamb ribs were fantastic. Large plates were really big portion sizes! The Art Deco interior looks great and the seats at the tables and in the theater are super comfortable. Sound and picture quality in the theater are great too. The tall seating meant that I wasn’t staring over anyone or blocking anyone’s view. I loved all the little details like the snack tables in the theater.

Restaurant Critic Tae Hee C stated in the New York Times that the place has, “ Great food! Perfect location to watch movies and enjoy the food here. Huge space and nice people too!” A daily customer at Syndicated left a review on Yelp, “I’ve been to this location a few times. Each time I ordered something different and was not disappointed.”

Syndicated is a must go to. Instead of paying for a full course meal, in addition to your movie tickets and snacks- you can eat your whole dinner and snacks at the same time while watching your movie for just three dollars- now that’s a hot bargain!