iPhone 5-SE

Allen Xu, Staff Reporter

On the 21st of March, Apple addressed the world that there will be a new iPhone releasing at the end of March. It is called the iPhone 5-SE. It is set to be released in stores on March 31, 2016.

This iPhone is will be the cheapest iPhone yet selling at $399 for a 16gb  phone and $499 for a 64gb phone. This iPhone will have the same design as the iPhone 5S, but it will have the innards of the iPhone 6s. According to Mirror.com, it will have the latest version of iOS, a 12‑megapixel camera, 4K videos, Apple Pay, the same 64 bit A9 chip and M9 motion co-processor as the iPhone 6S.

In Millennium Brooklyn High School, a senior, Asante Nyante said it sounds like “Apple just made a new 5S with different colors and a new update.” As an Apple product user, Asante said he would rather stick with his iPhone 6 Plus, “I think that the new iPhone is for people who like the smaller phone, but for me I think I would stick with the phone I have now.”

Another student in Millennium Brooklyn High School, named Robert said “Apple has been trending lately and its products have been very expensive, but with the new release of the cheapest iPhone I think I might buy one.”

Like many others, this new iPhone gives access to many people the choice to buy Apple products. Are you interested in buying this new iPhone?