Breaking Out of School and Into Winter Recess

Marc Magrini, Staff Reporter

Today, MBHS allowed its students in the building for the last time in 2015 in preparation for winter break.

Winter break is a school vacation where students “spend time with friends and family” and “take some time off from working,” according to Ms. Baumgarten, the assistant principal. She believes that “everyone needs some time to relax with their friends and family.”

Indeed, this is one of the exact reasons that  many students are looking forward to winter break.

Izzy Roberts, a senior at MBHS, says, “I like winter break because it lets me spend time away from school and with my family.” MBHS students are not the only ones that are happy-in fact, it would be safer to say that the entire world loves about this time of the year.

A report from the New York Times claims that “Christmas day…is the happiest day of the year by a significant margin,” citing data collected randomly from 20,000 different people.

Truly, this time of the year is filled with good feelings. Students might be wondering what they could do during winter break. The answer is simple: nothing! Winter break is one of the few school breaks that allow for more than a week gone by without having to do work. Students can take the opportunity to spend time with their family and friends. They can relax, drink hot cocoa, and have a comfortable time together. That’s why it’s called a “break.”