Boys and Girls Basketball Teams Win Thanksgiving Tournament

Anita Tunduwani, Staff Reporter

This thanksgivings break, MBHS’ boys and girls basketball teams played and won in their respective tournaments. Both teams were thrilled to kick off the season with such a great start and are eager for even more wins to come.

Vincent Estrella, a senior on the boys basketball team, described what it was like to win. “It was the first time the boys have won our own tournament so it was like special,” he said.

PSAL effectively lays out each of the team’s four games  played over the weekend and the consistency in playing their best and winning each.

Estrella also mentioned that, other than winning, the support and love received from the crowd was just as wonderful.“My absolute favorite thing about the tournament was how many people actually showed up and the support we got from our fans.”

The girls basketball team also had their fair share of success.

Marie Sapp-Golepski, a sophomore on the girls basketball team, spoke about how, during the tournament, the girls “worked very well together and were able to come out and beat very good [division] A and B school teams.” Marie is also extremely excited to continue building “on the positive start” the team had throughout the season.

Both teams brought glory and pride to the school and promise for continued victories!