What’s Up With The Performing Arts Department?

Yao Ming Lin, Staff Reporter

There are a lot of different arts here at MBHS, but one of the most active and spirited is the performing arts department. The performing arts department is led by Ms. Rogan who Tatyana Moss, a senior at MBHS, described as “nice, creative and outgoing.”

She is the teacher for Theater class as well as the Drama Club. Drama Club is putting on a play titled Crazytown, by Jonathan Rand. According to Playscripts.com, Crazytown is “a tour of the most messed up town in America, from the police interrogation room where the nicest guy in town is issued a strange ultimatum, to the elementary school for a heated political debate on critical issues like tater tots.” 

The performance, set for Friday, November 13 at 5:30pm in the Auditorium, is free for MBHS Faculty and Students.

Ms. Rogan said that she enjoys the way drama club has been “working as a team” and have created “original projections and artwork.”

She also leads the theater class which Tatyana Moss describes the class as “outgoing” and include people that are not afraid to “voice their opinion” and “contribute to the classroom momentum.”

Ms. Rogan has structured the class as any other class with homework and exams. The class also counts towards high school credits as an elective. Tatyana Moss has also explained that they are doing a project where they create their own “podcasts” and the goal is to “tell an interactive story” using only music and speech.