Different Perspectives On “New” Lunch Policy

Dulce Diaz  , Staff Reporter

On the week of October 26th, MBHS Administration instituted a “new” lunch policy requiring students to take a lunch pass to go outside to make the process of going outside faster and easier.

The new lunch passes are yellow or blue and are placed at the table in the lunchroom where students swipe in everyday. Mr.Otto periodically reminds students who are early to take a pass if they are going out to lunch.

Mr. Conway, MBHS’ new principal, was interviewed on October 30, 2015 about this matter. He stated, “There is no new lunch policy. The same policy for earning out-lunch privilege is still in place.  Students who are on time get to go out to lunch, and students who are late do not. It’s a simpler way to keep track of [who goes out to lunch].”

Mr. Conway also added that going out is a privilege and should also be treated as such.

Some students are upset with this seemingly new change. When asked what they thought about this lunch policy, an anonymous source stated, “The new lunch policy is not […] worth anything.” This person didn’t feel that this new method was effective and felt it could be taken advantage of.  

Another student felt differently. The second source pointed out that, “ it[‘s] just what we certainly [have] been doing all year,” but thought that this ticket policy is “stricter.”